With the technological advancements in the last 20 years constantly changing, how to market products and services have also changed. Business owners used different methods of advertising, some of which are still being used today. Methods that are still common are newspaper, radio, billboard and television advertising to name a few.
New areas of advertising can be cost effective but does require a different approach, such as online marketing. Do you have to be tech savvy? Not really, but being familiar with the internet does help.
Lets look at pay per click advertising (PPC) for example. By definition it is an online marketing model used on websites, in which advertisers pay their host only when their ad is clicked. With search engines, advertisers typically bid on keyword phrases relevant to their target market. To setup an online marketing account, you first need a website. When you build your website there should be keywords on the site which is relevant to what services you offer, search engines pickup on the keywords and in a nutshell a business owner can gain more exposure. Now, one major advantage of pay per click advertising is one does not need a store front location, business owners can market product and services from anywhere in the world.
So here are a few benefits of Online Marketing
1) Advertisers can setup a Pay Per Click account with one or a few of the search engines. You will have a number of different methods of monitoring the campaign such as choosing different keywords that are relevant to the products or services you are offering
2) You will have the ability to run different Ads simultaneously
3) Advertisers can set a daily limit
4) Set a monthly budget. Start small and monitor the campaign to make certain you are not spending too much
5) Target a specific State, zip code, or area
6) The ability to advertise alongside a competitor that is bigger in size and brand recognition. If a business starts an online campaign this can be huge so build your website with proper keywords and select the right keywords
7) The advertiser as you can see is in total control of how much exposure your business can achieve
The good thing about this article is, it is based on personal experience. So, look into different and new ways of advertising, more exposure to your products or services equals potential bottom line increase