When I began in network marketing the online world did not exist. I spoke to people, one at a time. Some said yes, some said no and some became great friends of mine.
Online the exact same formula should apply. Network marketing is a relationship business. Some people will say yes, some will say no and those you speak with, you should develop some great friends. Those friends may say yes, they may say no or they might refer someone else to you, all based on their friendship with you.
There are so many ways to establish relationships with others online:
1. Read blogs that are on topics you enjoy. I enjoy cooking, crocheting, scrapbooking and reading. I find blogs dedicated to those topics and read and comment. Remember, my goal here is relationships, not sales. I have seen way too many blogs that are nothing but one sales pitch after another and they have no readers, no subscribers and no commenters.
2. Find a few message boards on topics you enjoy. I belong to some mom sites, some crochet sites and some cooking sites. I post on an assortment of topics on these boards. I love helping others and learning from others.
3. Write articles and comment on articles. I belong to a few article directories. I love reading articles and where applicable commenting on the article or even emailing the author and having a chat about their article. Authors love knowing their articles are being read.
4. Create accounts on a few of the social media networks. There are several to choose from. Find a few that offer benefits you'll enjoy. I happen to love Facebook as you can upload photos, write notes, send private messages, chat one on one and easily develop relationships with others.
5. Make it a point to explore other websites that cater to topics you enjoy. I've found some totally awesome crochet sites out there and have started relationships with the site owners talking about something we both love, crocheting. I've changed patterns with others and found a few non-profits that I love to send my completed project to.
These are five ideas to meet others online. Set your mind to meeting people and building relationships. You'll find that your business will grow and people will refer others to you.